Scissor Circle, A Foundation Paper Pieced Quilt Pattern
The pattern consists of two foundation paper pieced half square triangle units, each containing a pair of scissors. These triangles can be combined in a wide variety of ways in order to make a huge number of different projects. Use this pattern to create a cushion, a mini quilt, or a quilt of whatever size you like.
The pattern consists of:
1. Both 10 inch and 15 inch foundation paper foundations which come complete with a 1/4 inch seam allowance. These templates contain lots of detail to help make your sewing experience a good one.
2. A variety of colouring sheets and colour diagrams which will help you to plan your project.
3. A key which you can use to avoid confusion about colour placement.
4. Extra templates which will produce a star at the centre of the circle. Sewing this version of the pattern will avoid a bulky seam at the centre of the block.
5. Instructions on how to construct the block and tips on how to sew it neatly.
6. Instructions are included on how you can resize the block if you wish.
BONUS: Suggested quilt layouts will be emailed out to those who are looking for extra inspiration.
As you can see from the last two images, the closed scissor pattern can be combined with my ball of wool and open scissor circle blocks for even more fun projects.
You can find the ball of wool pattern here: